Important Safety Rules
Observe all federal firearms laws and safety rules of OGCA. Every firearm accident is avoidable and below are some of the most important rules to know before you go. We want everyone to enjoy their visit.
- Every firearm must be unloaded and incapable of discharge of any type of projectile, bullet, etc. This includes airguns which may not be cocked or charged with air.
- No loaded clips or magazines. No loaded CCWs (Concealed Carry Weapons.)
- Unload, and deactivate all firearms prior to leaving home.
- Clips and magazines must be removed prior to entering hall.
- All firearms/airguns must be tied. Gun ties are available at the Gun Tie desk $.05 each or 20 for $1.00. (No one will be denied if you do not have the change.)
- All firearms brought to the meeting hall must be presented at the Gun Tie Desk located at the entrance. The Director on duty will tie your firearm so that it is inoperable and incapable of being discharged.
- Tableholders must safety tie all firearms prior to the firearms being displayed, offered for sale or trade and prior to leaving them on a trade table. Click here for Proper Tying of Most Firearms. Ask any officer, director or past president (orange flag) and our Head of Security if you have questions. Note that putting a gun tie through the trigger guard is not an acceptable way of tying a gun.
- If a firearm is taken out of the hall and returns, it must be reinspected and re-tied at the Gun Tie Desk.
- Never point a firearm in an unsafe direction – act as if all guns are loaded.
- No bows and/or arrows.
- No accessories or parts to simulate full automatic fire.
- Members are responsible for their Guests and Applicants.
- Be aware of your surroundings and read signs. Report safety concerns to OGCA Security.
- Cameras, use of cell phone cameras, and recording devices are prohibited without the permission of the president.
- BATF Notice for Gun Show Participants #5300.23a revised June 2021
The OGCA safety rules are contained in the Constitution / Bylaw / Rule Book. Members may contact access it on the Members Portal or contact the Business Office for another free copy.
Rules and Bylaws are subject to change.
Observe all signage and instructions of security officials